Affiliate Program Introduction
Earn Referral Commissions from Sylvans.net with the GenuineDogGear.com Affiliate Program
Manufacturing dog and cat collars, leashes, harnesses and collar bows in America for 20 years, Sylvan & Sons has established a strong track record of excellence in product quality and outstanding service to retailers and consumers alike. Sylvan & Sons first web site Sylvans.net was launched in 1999, created to satisfy a demand from consumers who were not able to find our products in stores near them. Our second website, GenuineDogGear.com was created shortly after we launched the Genuine Dog Gear product line of dog toys, leashes, and supplies for dog training and competition in dog agility, flyball and obedience. You can benefit from this success with our new Affiliate Program.
Being a GenuineDogGear.com Affiliate allows you to earn commissions on sales generated when customers originate from your affiliate links to either GenuineDogGear.com or Sylvans.net.
Sales and commissions are tracked from a unique affiliate URL attached to a banner image or text link. When a sale results from your referring link it is credited to your account and commissions are paid based on the product purchase amount.
Your unique links to GenuineDogGear.com or Sylvans.net can be added to web pages, newsletters, pay-per-click search engine listings, postings in Internet forums or emails.
We will provide you with the tools and assistance you'll need to optimize your valuable site space. We will support you every step of the way. You can set up to receive an e-mail from every purchase made through your referral, and/or simply track results in your password-protected Affiliate Control Panel. This enables you to track the business you've generated through our partnership, as well as make sure you are paid accurately for the traffic you drive to our site.
Complete the application form to become a GenuineDogGear.com affiliate. Once the account is approved you will have password-protected access to your GenuineDogGear.com affilliate control panel providing links, banners and account management features for both sites.
Apply: Applying is free at the GenuineDogGear.com site. Click this link and complete all required information.
GenuineDogGear.com affiliates earn a 10% commission on product sales from referrals to GenuineDogGear.com or Sylvans.net. We process affiliate sales and send commission payments monthly on the first Tuesday of the month for the previous month's sales.
Referrals from your links are valid for 90 days, so commissions are earned for 90 days following each visit to the either site with your affiliate URL on the same computer.
Parasites are malicious applications similar to adware and spyware that can result in commission theft. To protect us and our affiliates, each application is reviewed to ensure that it is not part of a parasite or incentive sales scheme. Any affiliate found to be using parasitic methods will be terminated and commissions will be revoked.
Genuine Dog Gear is world's largest manufacturer of interactive dog training toys. Sylvans & Sons has been selling high quality pet collars with a chew-proof guarantee for over 20 years. The GenuineDogGear.com Affiliate Program:
How to Apply
To apply to our affiliate program, complete the application here, review and agree to the Terms of Service and submit the form. After review and acceptance of your application you will be sent a username and password for control panel access. From the control panel you will have access to tools to manage your account and the image banners and text links for sales tracking.Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an Affiliate Program? In general terms, an Affiliate Program is a way to generate revenue by referring customers to a merchant website. Each time a customer you refer makes a purchase, you earn a commission. You may refer people to the site using a link that has your affiliate code in it, or via e-mail and print using your affiliate code. At GenuineDogGear.com and Sylvans.net, each customer you send to us will generate a commission of 10% of the sale directly to you.
2. What does it cost to join?It is absolutely free to join the GenuineDogGear.com Affiliate Program. There are no minimum sales requirements and you can cancel at any time.
3. How does it benefit my site? Visitors to your site will appreciate the quality of products you refer.
4. How do I create these links? When you apply to become a GenuineDogGear.com affiliate, your acceptance e-mail will include your affiliate code and the link to the GenuineDogGear.com that includes your code. Additionally, there will be a link to your Control Panel where you can choose specially designed banners and text links. Simply download the banners or text you want, insert them into your site with your affiliate link, and you're set. It's that easy.
5. Can I refer people through my printed newsletter or event handouts? Certainly! Simply place within the referral text a note asking them to use the link you provide. Or, you can refer them to the page on your site that includes your affiliate link. Something like, "go to www.mysite.com and click on the GenuineDogGear.com banner at the top" would work great!
6. How do I know how much I have sold and earned? There is a special page for each affiliate that shows hits, sales, your commissions and all your data. This page is 100% live, meaning it will show data immediately after a purchase from your referrals.
7. How often do I receive commissions? Commission checks of $25 or more are mailed on the first Tuesday of each month for the previous calendar month's activity. If you check is less than $25, we will simply carry that amount over to the next month.
8. What about returns? Customers will be required to use a credit/debit card to make a purchase. In the event the charges are disputed or fraudulent, your account will be debited for the amount of commission earned on that transaction.
9. Is my site eligible to become an Affiliate? Although most sites qualify to become affiliates, we do reserve the right to reject or cancel the affiliate account of any site we feel contains objectionable material. This would include (but is not limited to) sites with violent/hate, pornographic, racist, anti-government or gambling related content, as well as parasite affiliate sites (if you don't know what a parasite is, then you're not one!).
10. How do I know I will be paid for my referral?For the most accurate results our affiliate program uses a combination of cookies and IP addresses to track referrals originating from your affiliate links.Each time one of your referrals arrives at one of our sites through your unique affiliate URL, our system places a cookie on the user's computer. When the customer completes their purchase, the system checks for the referral cookie. If the cookie is not found, the IP address of the customer's computer is used to credit the sale to the affiliate. The process is automatic and designed to ensure accurate tracking. The cookie remains in the computer for 90 days from each visit through your affiliate URL, so you'll still receive commissions from customers who don't purchase on their first visit, but return a few days later by going directly to our site.
11. How are payments handled?In the affiliate control panel you may choose to be paid via PayPal or check. Payments are issued in US dollars and are paid monthly on the first Tuesday of the month for sales generated in the previous month.12. What kind of promotional help do you have?
We have text links, article ideas, emails and banners that you can use. Here are a few banners:
Contact us for more information or assistance.
Apply: Applying is free. Click this link and complete all required information.